Sunday, August 10, 2008

August 11, 2008

"Behold, the eye of the Lord is upon them that fear Him, upon them who hope in His mercy, to deliver their soul from death and keep them alive in famine." Psalm 33:18-19

I have in my files at home a photo of my property that was taken from a satellite way out in space. It shows clearly the house, buildings and trees. I have been told they even have satellites that can count the shingles on my roof or read the date on a dime lying on the ground. I don't doubt it. Man has done amazing things to keep watch on this world, but he doesn’t even compare to what God does. God's vision is far greater than mans satellites. He knows the smallest detail about you, even the number of hairs on your head after you showered and washed a hand full down the drain this morning. He sees completely and totally, He knows the beginning, the end and everything in between. Yes, He saw what you did last night! Unlike our satellites, He even knows what you are thinking and feeling. He knows the joys and burdens that we all face each day. In fact, He knew them before you were even born. Life may sometimes catch us off-guard, but it never catches Him off-guard. He knows all about us and what is going on in this world and He will fix it in His time and in His way. You can take that to the bank! How then should we live?

Thought for the week: If history repeats itself, and the unexpected always happens, how incapable must man be of learning from experience. -- George Bernard Shaw

Funny for the week:

An investment counselor decided to go out on her own. Business kept coming in, and pretty soon she realized that she needed an in-house counsel. She began to interview young lawyers.

"As I'm sure you can understand," she started off with one of the first applicants, "in a business like this, our personal integrity must be beyond question."

She leaned forward. "Mr. Peterson, are you an honest lawyer?" "Honest?" replied the job prospect. "Let me tell you something about honest. Why, I'm so honest that my father lent me $15,000 for my education, and I paid back every penny the minute I finished my very first case."

"Impressive. And what sort of case was that?"

The lawyer squirmed in his seat and admitted, "He sued me for the money."

Enough said……………… Chaplain Barnes

Last week’s answer: Who is "Yahweh" another name for? Jehovah or God

This week’s question: What is the Aramaic word for "father"? Hint? Same as "daddy" or a popular secular music group of the 60’s.

No comments: