Monday, January 19, 2009

January 19, 2009

"The Father himself loves you, because you have loved me and have believed that I have come from God." John 16:27

Have you ever wondered why they call them, "MAN's best friend?" May I give you an inside hint as to why that saying is true? I get up, take a cold shower because all the hot water is gone, skip breakfast because there is no milk, fight the traffic to get the kids to school, arrive at work late only to find mass confusion and impossible tasks to be performed. I do four things right and one wrong and focus is put on that one wrong, and Satan jumps in and tells me "You don't measure up, you're a failure!" I drag home late, walk in the door and into my arms leaps a wiggling bundle of fur with a tail going 90 miles a hour. He licks my face and neck and thinks the whole world is just for me. He is so excited to see me that sometimes he even wets. Talk about being loved and accepted, sweat and all! No woman could ever understand that feeling! Only a man can bond with that kind of acceptance. Sometimes we transfer our inferior feelings to God. We end up disheartened, doubting God's love for us. The Bible tells us it is impossible for God to love you more than He does right now! He doesn't love you because of what you have done. He just loves you...constantly. He is crazy about you! Now that's the kind of friends I need!

Thought for the week: Well, if crime fighters fight crime and fire fighters fight fire, what do freedom fighters fight? They never mention that part to us, do they?    -- George Carlin

Funny for the week: A man came home from the office and found his new bride sobbing convulsively. "I feel terrible," she told him. "I was pressing your suit and I burned a big hole in the seat of your trousers."

"Oh, just forget it," consoled her husband. "Remember that I've got an extra pair of pants for that suit."

"Yes, I know. And it's lucky you have!" said the woman, drying her eyes. "I was able to use a piece from them to patch the hole!" Monday Fodder

* * * * * *

"One time a windshield wiper will work properly is when it’s holding a parking ticket." Humor Digest

Yelp, been there done that....................Chaplain Barnes

Last week’s answer: Who was the wife of Aquila? Priscilla (Acts 18:2-3)

This week’s question: Approximately how many miles did Jesus walk from Capernaum on the Sea of Galilee to Jerusalem – 8, 23,45,66 or 80?

No comments: