Monday, October 26, 2009

October 26, 2009

"Each one of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interest of others." (Phillipians 2:4)

In the days before cars, there was a wagon driver who could afford only one mule. He loved the mule, who answered to the name of Jim. One day the driver was helping his passengers load up. Finally each of them had a seat, and the driver cracked his whip and called out, "Giddy up Jim! Giddy up, Laverne! Giddy up, Ed! Giddy up, Huey! Giddy up, Otis!"

The old wagon lurched forward and one of the passengers leaned forward and asked the driver: "Since Jim is the only mule you've got, why did you call out all those names?"

The driver replied, "If Jim knew he was the only one pulling, he'd never budge an inch."

Teamwork. Discover the magic of a simple question: "Is there something I can do to help?" Surprise a co-worker today by doing something to build him or her up. It's not only Biblical, it’s nice.

Thought for the week: Boys will be boys, and so will a lot of middle-aged men.
-- Kin Hubbard

Funny for the week: Usual Suspect

While prosecuting a robbery case, I conducted an interview with the arresting officer. My first question: "Did you see the defendant at the scene?"

"Yes, from a block away," the officer answered.

"Was the area well lit?"

"No. It was pretty dark."

"Then how could you identify the defendant?" I asked, concerned.

Looking at me as if I were nuts, he answered, "I'd recognize my cousin anywhere."
-- Morrison Lewis, Jr.

Every family has one…..or should……Chaplain Barnes

Last week’s answer: How many books in the Bible start with the letter G? 2 (Genesis and Galatians)

This week’s question: Who in the Bible said, “I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me”?

No comments: