Monday, January 10, 2011

January 10, 2011

"Why am I so sad? Why am I so troubled? I will put my hope in God, and once again I will praise Him, my Savior and my God." Psalm 42:11

I finally found a good use for Kudzu. It reminds me of the attitudes many people have. Kudzu attitudes are attitudes that if left unchecked will rapidly grow and grow and grow until they cover and blot out everything good and beautiful, choking it to death in its tendrils and shade. There are three attitudes that I would list under Kudzu attitudes. Worry, self-pity and bitterness. Give ground to any of these three and soon you will find yourself defeated and miserable. There is only one thing that can "Round-up" these attitudes and kill them to the roots before they destroy your spirit, and that is Jesus Christ. Only when you allow Him to replace wrong attitudes with godly ones will victory come. Spiritual battles are won or lost in the mind and only Christ has the power to tear down the strongholds Satan puts there. Read the verse above again and notice how David replaces the Kudzu attitudes with correct ones. Hope in God and praise your Savior. Kudzu or daisies? What are you cultivating today?

Thought for the week: To work is to pray. -- Latin Proverb

Funny for the week: "Famous Last Words"

*Ha! They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist...

*Don't unplug it, it will just take a moment to fix.

*What happens if you touch these two wires tog-

*We won't need reservations.

*It's always sunny there this time of the year.

*They'd never make him a manager.

*Gimmee a match. I think my gas tank is empty.

*Let's see if it's loaded.

*Step on her, boy, we're only going 75.

*Just watch me dive from that bridge.

*If you knew anything, you wouldn't be a traffic cop.

*What? Your mother is going to stay another month?

*Say, who's boss of this joint, anyhow?

*Luke, I lied. Bill Shatner is your real father. --Darth Vader

*Don't worry about the Rover. That's no cliff. --NASA techie

 

I'll get it done tomorrow........Chaplain Barnes

Last week’s answer: Last weeks answer: What is the meaning of the word "anthropomorphism"? Applying human attributes to God.

This weeks question: Complete the following verse: "As a dog returneth to his vomit, so..."

No comments: