Monday, June 6, 2011

June 6, 2011

"I sought the Lord, and he answered me, and delivered me from all my fears." Psalm 34:4

Put yourself in his place. Think for a moment. He is in prison. Not a clean heated and cooled one like Caldwell has, but a dirty filthy stinking damp rat infested hole in the ground. He was waiting to be executed the next day. They would come for him at noon, drag him from his cell, stretch his neck over a block and chop his head off. What he did not know was that a church across town was praying for him. God answered their prayers and sent an angel to rescue him. But what was he doing? SLEEPING! Peter was asleep! He had given the Lord his fears and how he was at such peace he was sleeping. Man, I wish I had faith like that. Peter knew his Lord and Jesus had given Peter such inner peace that life or death, imprisonment or freedom mattered none. God can and does give us an inner serenity when we abide in Him. Like a parent calming a frightened child, the Lord wants to take away our fears. Will you let Him? Will I? Will we seek Him and let Him deliver us from ALL our fears? The decision is ours.

Thought for the week: You have a lifetime to work, but children are only young once. -- Polish Proverb

Funny for the week: TOP 10 - BEST GOLF CADDIE REMARKS

#10 Golfer: "Think I'm going to drown myself in the lake." Caddy: "Think you can keep your head down that long?"

#9 Golfer: "I'd move heaven and earth to break 100 on this course."Caddy: "Try heaven, you've already moved most of the earth."

#8 Golfer: "Do you think my game is improving?" Caddy: "Yes sir, you miss the ball much closer now."

#7 Golfer: "Do you think I can get there with a 5 iron?" Caddy: "Eventually."

#6 Golfer: "You've got to be the worst caddy in the world." Caddy: "I don't think so sir. That would be too much of a coincidence."

#5 Golfer: "Please stop checking your watch all the time. It's too much of a distraction." Caddy: "It's not a watch - it's a compass."

#4 Golfer: "How do you like my game?" Caddy: "Very good sir, but personally, I prefer golf."

#3 Golfer: "Do you think it's a sin to play on Sunday? Caddy: "The way you play, sir, it's a sin on any day."

#2 Golfer: "This is the worst course I've ever played on." Caddy: "This isn't the golf course. We left that an hour ago." and the

#1 best caddy comment: Golfer: "That can't be my ball, it's too old." Caddy: "It's been a long time since we teed off, sir."

FOURteen.......... Chaplain Barnes

Last week’s answer: Why did Jacob's sons kill every male of the Hivites? Because their sister was raped by a Hivite (Gen. 34:18-31)

This weeks question: To where did an angel of the Lord tell Joseph to take the baby Jesus and Mary from Bethlehem?

No comments: