Tuesday, September 6, 2011

September 5, 2011

“Cease striving and know that I am God…” Psalm 46:10


One of the things that makes Jesus Christ so special is that he relates to each person individually. Let me explain what I mean. In the Bible, when Paul met Jesus he had a blinding light experience on the road that left him blind for three days. Others like James and John simply got up and left with him when he said, “follow me.” Jesus matched each person with his personality. I love to hear how Christ saved people. Some today fight him nail and tooth until his gentle wooing breaks into their heart and they surrender. They usually have an experience like Paul. Others as little children simply accept his salvation and begin following him like James and John. I was like the latter. Jesus Christ entered my life in an undramatic way. I was seven. No tears, no brand-new feeling, no cleaned-out feeling. I simply in my heart chose to follow Jesus Christ. I confessed my sin and began making him Lord of my life. Doubts? Lots! But each time I came back to the claims of scripture and trusted God to do what he said he would do. I guess when one is not expecting to find something great and it crashes in on them, things get pretty dramatic. But when one is seeking and looking for something and finds it, did not God simply do what he was wanting to do all the time? Throw a party and get up and follow him. After all, he relates to our personalities individually, even in our salvation.

Thought for the week: “Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it.” ~Henry Ford
Funny for the week: "Exam Assistance"
In the examination paper, the professor wanted us to sign a form stating that we had not received any outside assistance. Unsure of whether he should sign the form, a student stated that he had prayed for the assistance of God.
The professor carefully studied the answer script and then said, "You can sign it with a clear conscience. God did not assist you."
Chaplain Barnes

Last week’s answer: Who said the following to whom: “As the Lord God of Israel liveth, before whom I stand, there shall not be dew or rain these years but according to my word.”? (Elijah to Ahab 1 Kings 17:1)
This week’s question: What phenomenon occurred during the crucifixion of Christ from the sixth to the ninth hour?

No comments: