Sunday, February 17, 2008

February 18, 2008

"For bodily exercise profiteth little, but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come." 1 Timothy 4:8

For those of you that know me, you know I am allergic to exercise. I know the experts tell us that physical exercise is good for you. I know that I should do it daily, but my body doesn't want me to do too much. It hurts and I hate the feeling after I finish. So I have worked out this program of strenuous activities that do not require physical exercise. However, the results you get may not be exactly what you would like either. Practicing these strenuous exercises may prove strenuous for your health, heart and spiritual condition. 01) Beating around the bush 02) Jumping to conclusions 03) Climbing the walls 04) Swallowing my pride 05) Passing the buck 06) Throwing my weight around 07) Dragging my heels 08) Pushing my luck 09) Making mountains out of molehills 10) Hitting the nail on the head 11) Wading through paperwork 12) Bending over backwards 13) Jumping on the bandwagon 14) Balancing the books 15) Running around in circles 16) Eating crow 17) Tooting my own horn 18) Climbing the ladder of success 19) Pulling out the stops 20) Adding fuel to the fire 21) Opening a can of worms 22) Putting my foot in my mouth

Thought for the week: On account of being a democracy and run by the people, we are the only nation in the world that has to keep a government four years, no matter what it does. -- Will Rogers

Funnies for the week: A husband and wife were at a party chatting with some friends when the subject of marriage counseling came up.

"Oh, we'll never need that. My husband and I have a great relationship," the wife explained.

"He was a communications major in college and I majored in theater arts. He communicates really well and I just act like I'm listening."

Humor Digest

* * * * * *

The Father, passing through his son's college town late one night on a business trip, thought he would pay a surprise visit to the boy.

Arriving at the fraternity house, he knocked on the door. After several minutes of knocking, a sleepy voice drifted down from a second floor window, "Whadoya want?"

"Does Jimmy Duncan live here?" asked the father.

"Yeah!" replied the voice. "Dump him on the front porch and we'll drag him in later in the morning."

Humor

And they wonder how we know these things………………. Chaplain Barnes

Last week’s answer: What was the reason for Moses’ second trip to Mt. Sinai? For a second set of tablets of the Ten (Ex 34)

This week’s question: Who was David’s first wife?

No comments: