Monday, February 25, 2008

February 25, 2008

"Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching." Hebrews 10:25

I came across some reasons in the December 2001 issue of The Sunday School Leader magazine. The article by Keith Wilkinson entitled "An individual's Perspective on Assimilation" listed the following ten reasons for not going to Church.

"10. The pastor didn't respond to my remote control.

9. Three letters; N-F-L

8. I don't have kid's yet.

7. I have kids

6. People that happy give me the creeps.

5. Last time I knelt I had a hard time getting back up.

4. I'm a good person (and I want to avoid hearing otherwise).

3. I prefer crunch chips to those crackers they pass out.

2. When I want to feel guilty I just call my family.

1. I haven't tried church."

I have even met some who say they don't go to church because they have been. If the reason you go to church is any other than to worship the true and living God, then you will find plenty excuses to stay away. It really all boils down to your heart condition. You think about that, Amen.

Thought for the week: One's real life is often the life that one does not lead.

-- Oscar Wilde, L'Envoi, 1882

Funny for the week: "Authentic Amusing Headlines"

Larger Kangaroos Leap Farther, Researchers Find
--- The Los Angeles Times

Light' meals are lower in fat, calories
-- Huntington Herald-Dispatch

Alcohol ads promote drinking
-- The Hartford Courant

Infertility unlikely to be passed on
--- Montgomery Advertiser

Study Finds Sex, Pregnancy Link
--- Cornell Daily Sun

Survey Finds Dirtier Subways After Cleaning Jobs Were Cut
--- The New York Times

Malls try to attract shoppers
-- The Baltimore Sun

Official: Only rain will cure drought
-- The Herald-News, Westpost, Massachusetts

Low Wages Said Key to Poverty
-- Newsday

Man shoots neighbor with machete
-- The Miami Herald

Economist uses theory to explain economy
-- Collinsville Herald-Journal

Bible church's focus is the Bible
-- Saint Augustine Record, Florida

Court Rules Boxer Shorts Are Indeed Underwear
-- Journal of Commerce

Lack of brains hinders research
-- The Columbus Dispatch

And we get our news from these people …………… Chaplain Barnes

Last week’s answer: Who was David’s first wife? Michal (1 Sam 18:27)

This week’s question: What does the apostle Paul say the love of money is?

No comments: