Monday, March 10, 2008

March 10, 2008

"I have learned, in whatever state I am, to be content. I know how to be abased, I know how to abound; in any and all circumstances I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phil. 4:11-13

I was watching the Discovery Channel once and the program was on how they make those massive long bridges. I was fascinated by how much they allow for movement. I did not know concrete and steel could move that much and not crumble. To survive they have to be flexible. Are you flexible? Inflexibility causes friction with your friends, your family and your mate. It would be nice to always be right, always know what is best and always know the right answer. But life just doesn’t work that way. It takes humility to be flexible and few of us are humble. The Apostle Paul was a hard driving type A personality, and yet he learned to be flexible. Read the verse above again and compare his attitude to yours. If you are flexible, you will weather the storms. If you become inflexible, the storms will eventually break you. It's your choice.

Thought for the week: Americans will put up with anything provided it doesn't block traffic. -- Dan Rather

Funny for the week: A guy was sitting in an airplane when another guy took the seat beside him. The new guy was a wreck, pale, hands shaking, biting his nails and moaning in fear. "Hey, pal, what's the matter?" said the first guy.

"I’ve been had.... transferred to Los Angeles, California," the second man answered. "They've got race riots, drugs. The highest crime rate....."

"Hold on," said the first. "I've been in L.A all my life, and it’s not as bad as the media says. Find a nice home, go to work, mind your own business, enroll your kids in a good school and it's as safe as anywhere in the world."

The second guy stopped shaking for a moment and said "Oh, thank God. I was worried to death, but if you live there and say it's ok, I'll take your word for it. What do you do for a living?"

"...Me?" said the first, "...I'm a tail gunner on a garbage truck."

I didn't know they had tail gunners on their garbage trucks........................ Chaplain Barnes

Last week’s answer: Why was the church at Laodicea criticized by God? For being lukewarm (Rev 3:14-16)

This week’s question: Who chose the name Mara for herself?

No comments: