Sunday, March 23, 2008

March 24, 2008

"The mind of the righteous considers how to answer, but the mouth of the wicked pours out evil." Proverbs 15:28

There is a saying\question that I have quoted for years. I do not know where it came from, but it has proved true over and over in my life. "How come there is always time to do something over, but never time to do it right the first time?" All of us have regretted times when we impulsively did or said something without considering the results. It may frustrate others, but it is rarely wrong to defer a decision. "Let me have time to think about it." Those words may save you many a heartache. I think that is what Solomon had in mind when he wrote the verse above. Before you act, stop, consider, plan and seek counsel.

Thought for the week: Everyone rises to their level of incompetence.
-- Laurence J. Peter, "The Peter Principle"

Funny for the week: Last night, my friend and I were sitting in the living room and I said to her, "I never want to live in a vegetative state, dependent on some machine and fluids from a bottle. If that ever happens, just pull the plug."

So she got up, unplugged the TV, and threw out my soda.
From Doc's Daily Chuckle and Sermon Fodder

* * * * * *

The real reason we can't have the Ten Commandments in a Courthouse?

You cannot post "Thou Shalt Not Steal," "Thou Shalt Not Commit Adultery" and "Thou Shall Not Lie" in a building full of lawyers, judges and politicians ... It creates a hostile work environment!

Humor Nor Congress…………………….. Chaplain Barnes

Last week’s answer: Name the two books in the Bible that start with the letter "G". Genesis and Galatians

This week’s question: What three classes of creatures did the sheet lowered to Peter in a vision contain?

No comments: