Sunday, June 22, 2008

June 23, 2008

"Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever." Psalm 23:6

I heard a saying long ago that is so true. "Hind sight is 20\20". It's so easy to get a case of the what ifs when we think about the future. It is easy to frighten ourselves with imagined disasters and problems that might happen. One way the Lord encourages us when it comes to the future is to remind us of the past. How He has helped us when we were discouraged and in despair. Those times when He picked us up when we had given up. Sometimes we let a terrifying future disaster torment us only to feel so stupid when it doesn't happen. The next time you get a case of the 'What ifs", stop and remember that hind sight is 20\20 and remember God's faithfulness and past help. He will surely do it again if we just trust Him. That is called, faith.

Thought for the week: Being in politics is like being a football coach. You have to be smart enough to understand the game, and dumb enough to think it's important. -- Eugene McCarthy

Funny for the week: "Baby Talk"

What your baby would tell you if he could talk:

1. I have my blankie, you have your caffeine. Enough said.

2. Don't be jealous, but I think I'm in love with the ceiling fan.

3. I know where the remote control is, but it'll cost you.

4. To you, it's just an empty egg carton; to me it's PlayStation 2.

5. Actually, I don't mind sitting in a bathtub that I've peed in.

6. Bang a screwdriver slowly and steadily into your gums. That's what teething feels like.

7. Two words I'd rather not hear from you: rectal thermometer.

8. There's no point in teaching me to say "mama" or "dada." My first word is going to be "hat."

9. I've told you five times what cow says. If you can't remember, I'm not telling you again.

10. There is no question that I can cry longer than you can listen.

11. I'm not just wildly throwing my food. I'm exploring the laws of gravity, estimating mass, and testing wind velocity.

12. If you wanted a good sleeper, you should have gotten a cat.

13. Who that baby in the mirror you keep asking me about?

14. If my bottom is so darn cute, why is someone always trying to cover it up?

15. Who are you two to tell me how important it is to sleep alone?

16. What you secretly believe is true: I am much smarter than other babies.

Now you know…………….. Chaplain Barnes

Last week’s answer: How does the book of Numbers get its name? From a census of the Israelite people.

This week’s question: What fraction of the earth’s creatures and ships are destroyed in Revelation 8?

No comments: