Sunday, June 29, 2008

June 30, 2008

"Fear thou not, for I am with you, be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my victorious right hand." Isaiah 4:10

His name is Tom Whisnant. He is the bravest man I know. He was my instructor who taught me to fly. The first three times we went up together, Tom was so calm and collected as he sat in the right seat beside me. I was so nervous I threw up. He was patient and soon I was enjoying the lessons, no nervousness and fear. The reason? If Tom was not nervous, I had no need to be nervous. Tom had flown for decades and he was not alarmed or rattled, even when I over banked the plane or bounced on the landing. The reason I could relax and not be nervous was because Tom was beside me and I knew that he was ultimately in control of the airplane. Guess what? Did you know that when you get into situations that make you jumpy and nervous, that if you are a Christian, Jesus Christ is right beside you and NOTHING rattles Him. He is in absolute control of your circumstances. If He is not nervous, He can certainly help you to not be nervous. Keep your eyes on Him and you will learn to relax and trust the master pilot of your life.

Thought for the week: The question is not so much what the hand is doing (passing over some cash or a check) but what the heart is thinking while the hand is doing it. John R. W. Stott

Funny for the week: "Sorting Letters"

Myrddin had gotten a part time job at the Post Office and the supervisor there had been warned that he was somewhat of a dullard, but the supervisor took a liking to him and agreed to let Myrddin help him. If nothing else, he would be an extra set of hands.

The supervisor gives Myrddin the job of sorting, and much to everyone's surprise, Myrddin separated the letters so fast that his motions were literally a blur.

Extremely pleased by this, the supervisor approached Myrddin at the end of the day. "I just want you to know," he said, "that we're all very proud of you. You're one of the fastest workers we have ever had."

"Thank you," said Myrddin, "and tomorrow I'll try to do even better."

"Better?" the supervisor asked with astonishment. "How can you possibly do better?"

Myrddin replied, "Tomorrow I am going to read the addresses."

The truth at last………………. Chaplain Barnes

Last week’s answer: What fraction of the earth’s creatures and ships are destroyed in Revelation 8? One-third (Rev 8:9)

This week’s question: How many epistles of Peter are included in the NT?

No comments: