Sunday, September 20, 2009

September 14, 2009

Psalm 103

Take time today to read Psalm 103. But, since I now most of you won’t, let me list some of the things this Psalm says God does for you.

  1. Pardons all your iniquities.
  2. Heals all your diseases
  3. Redeems your life from the pit.
  4. Crowns you with loving kindness and compassion.
  5. Satisfies your years with good things.
  6. Performs righteous deeds and judgments.
  7. Is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in loving-kindness.
  8. He will not always strive with us or keep His anger forever.
  9. Does not deal with us according to our sins, or reward us according to our iniquities.
  10. Removes our transgressions from us.
  11. Has compassion on us like a father, on those who fear Him.
  12. His loving kindness is from everlasting to everlasting.
  13. His righteousness is to children’s children who keep his covenant.

Ahh, now doesn’t that make you feel special!?

Thought for the week: The big thieves hang the little ones. -- Czech Proverb

Funny for the week:

The wheel of my grocery cart was making a horrible scraping sound as I rolled it through the supermarket. Nevertheless, when I finished my shopping and saw a cart-less woman, I offered it up, explaining, "It makes an awful noise, but it works."

"That's okay," she said, taking it. "I have a husband at home like that."
-- Donna Ulrey

So kind of her…………. Chaplain Barnes


Last week’s answer: How long was Joseph imprisoned between the time he interpreted the dreams of the chief cupbearer and the time he interpreted the Pharoah’s dream? Two years (Gen. 40:18-23, 41:1-32)

This week’s question: Who said, “Come see a man which told me all tings that ever I did”?

No comments: