Sunday, November 15, 2009

November 16, 2009

"Yet those who wait for the Lord will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, they will run and not get tired, they will walk and not become weary." (Isaiah 40:31)

We don't have many eagles around here. Mostly what we see soaring are buzzards. But soar they do. They catch a thermal and up- up - up they go! I used to think that must be such fun until I took the controls of a glider and made my first and only free flight in a glider. Around and around I went seeking a thermal and around and around my stomach went with it. Soon I decided I best put it down or I was going to put it out. Have you ever wished you could be lifted up above the problems and junk that weigh you down? That you could soar above it and not be stained by it. There is only one thermal with the strength to lift you that high and it is Jesus Christ. But He will not be bought. You must wait patiently. In his time and his time only you will find the lift you seek, and it won't be found going around and around.

Thought for the week: People who have what they want are fond of telling people who haven't what they want that they really don't want it.
--
Ogden Nash

Funny for the week: Automatically Inappropriate
Most businesses like that our credit card machines automatically print "Thank you, please come again" at the bottom of receipts. One guy called to ask if I could take it off.

"Sure," I said. "But do you mind my asking why?"

"It just seems inappropriate," he answered. "We're a funeral home."
-- Michelle Ballard

Yelp, he’s the last one to let you down………….. Chaplain Barnes

Last week’s answer: What will occur when people are saying, “Peace and Safety”?

The second coming of Jesus (1 Thess. 5:3)

This week’s question: Who was the first farmer recorded in the Bible as becoming drunk?

No comments: