Sunday, December 20, 2009

December 21, 2009

"And she gave birth to her first-born son; and she wrapped Him in cloths, and laid Him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn." Luke 2:7

"So this is He. Immanuel. So this is God's gift. A Savior. He shall save His people from their sins. 'Worthy is the Lamb.' I (Gabriel) whispered, as I knelt before my God. My heart was full. I turned to Mary as she cradled her child and I spoke. It didn't matter that she couldn't hear me. The stars could. All of nature could. And most of all, my King could.

'Do you know who you hold, Mary? You secure the Author of grace. He who is ageless is now moments old. He who is limitless is now suckling your milk. He who strides upon the stars, now has legs too weak to walk; the hands which held the oceans are now an infant's fist. To Him who has never asked a question, you will teach the name of the wind. The Source of language will learn words from you. He who has never stumbled, you will carry. He who has never hungered, you will feed. The King of creation is in your arms.'

'What manner of love is this?' Michael whispered, and again we were covered with silence. A blanket of awe. Finally, Michael again opened his mouth, this time to sing. He began quietly, pausing between the words.

'Glory,

glory,

glory to God in the highest'=

One by one we joined.

'Glory, glory, glory to God in the highest.'

Gradually the chorus grew louder and faster; 'Glory, glory to God in the highest. Glory, glory to God in the highest. Glory, glory to God in the highest.'

Our praise rose into the realms of the universe. In the most distant galaxy the dust on the oldest star danced with our praise. In the depths of the ocean, the water rippled with adoration. The tiniest microbe turned, the mightiest constellation spun, all of nature joined with us as we worshiped Immanuel, the God who had become flesh."

Cosmic Christmas by Max Lucado pages 95-97

Thought for the week: 'Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt. -- Abraham Lincoln, (attributed)

Funny for the week: Here is today's CleanLaugh.

Top 10 things to say about a holiday gift you don't like:

10) Hey! There's a gift.

9.) Well, well, well...

8.) Boy, if I had not recently shot up 4 sizes, that would've fit.

7.) Perfect for wearing in the basement.

6.) Wow, I hope this never catches fire!

5.) If the dog buries it, I'll be furious!

4.) I Love it, but I fear the jealousy it will inspire.

3.) Sadly, tomorrow I enter the federal witness protection program.

2.) To think I got this the year I vowed to give all my gifts to charity.

1.) I really don't deserve this.

Chaplain Barnes

Last week’s answer: Whose life was spared twice by David? Saul’s (1 Sam. 24:26)

This week’s question: How many generations were there from Abraham to Jacob?

No comments: