Sunday, December 6, 2009

December 7, 2009

As we reflect on Christmas and what God did for us so long ago, we need to remember what is he doing for us now. Below is a piece by Tom Norvell that I think will be good to approach the Christmas season on. Hope you can say the same.

“What Has God Done?”

“I want to borrow one sentence from David's 66th Psalm, "Come and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what he has done for me" (vs.16).


He has shown me that dreams do come true and prayers are answered.

He has shown me that there is always hope, even in the most hopeless situations.

He has shown me that there is joy in being at home with my family.

He has shown me that people are longing for a living relationship with Jesus Christ.

He has shown me that whether your team wins or loses life goes on and life is good.

He has shown me that beauty is found in my wife, in my children, in my friends, and in

the ordinary events of a day.

He has shown me that interruptions often lead to the most rewarding events of the day.

He has shown me that days filled with sunshine, warm air, and blue skies are gifts from

the Lord.

He has shown me that days filled with dark clouds, cold air and rain are gifts from the

Lord.

He has shown me that marriage is proof that God was thinking of me when He created

the World.

He has shown me that children are sometimes the wisest people on earth.

He has shown me that words can encourage or words can discourage, and that words

that encourage are better.

He has shown me that the change of the season's remind us of life is always changing

and God is always active.

He has shown me that the ocean can soothe the soul and refresh a weary spirit.

He has shown me that mountains are a place of reflection, meditation, and renewal.

He has shown me that He wants to have a relationship with me, and that He wants my

life to full and abundant.

He has shown me that a full and abundant life is possible when I spend time reflecting

on the things that God has shown me. What has God done for you?”

Words by Tom Norvell
(c) Copyright 2005 All Rights Reserved.

Thought for the week: A good listener is a good talker with a sore throat.
-- Katharine Whitehorn

Funny for the week: Santa Puns

What do they call Santa's helpers? Subordinate Clauses What do you call Santa Clause after he's fallen into a fireplace? Krisp Kringle Who sings "Love Me Tender," and makes Christmas toys? Santa's little Elvis Which of Santa's reindeers needs to mind his manners the most? "Rude"olph What did the Gingerbread Man put on his bed? A cookie sheet What reindeer has the cleanest antlers? Comet What is the cow's holiday greeting? Mooooory Christmas Where do Santa's reindeers like to stop for lunch? Deery Queen What does Santa say when he is sick? OH OH NO! How does Santa Claus take pictures? With his North Pole-aroid. What do you call the fear of getting stuck while sliding down a chimney? Santa Claus-trophbia What do you call a cat on the beach at Christmas time? Sandy Claus

I feel your pain……………. Chaplain Barnes

Last week’s answer: Who baptized Simon the sorcerer? Philip (Acts 8:12-13)

This week’s question: Which book in the Bible contains the following quotation: “To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the Heaven”?

No comments: