Sunday, February 14, 2010

February 15, 2010

I am leaving in the morning for Haiti. So I am sending this early. Next weeks will be late. I return on the 23 and will send it the next day. I would appreciate your prayers for our safety and that my back will let me do the work. Thank you and God Bless all of you.

No. 570



MONDAY MORNING MINUTE © FROM CHAPLAIN BARNES On-the-Job Inspiration, Humor Challenge and Encouragement. You are invited to copy and share these notes with others so long as it is not for profit.




"I prefer to find my joy in the very things that are my weakness; and then the power of Christ will come and rest upon me. I am well content with these humiliations of mine, the hardships, the persecutions, the times of difficulty I undergo for Christ; for when I am weak, it is then that I am
strong." II Corinthians 12:9-10




I have scars all over my body. Where my appendix was taken out, where I had a bike wreck, where I stepped on an oyster bed barefooted, and on and on: From head to toe, I have scars from past encounters with sharp items. Bet some of you do too. But did you know your soul has scars too? A friend of mine calls them “soul scars.” You know, those areas in your life where you have been hurt, where you have failed, where God had to remove something harmful from your life, where you feel inadequate or ashamed. We all have them, but few admit it. Like models on the cover of Cover Girl Magazine, we want to look perfect to those around us, so we try to cover the scars up. But for Christians, the very scar we are trying to cover up is in fact a reminder of His victory. It is a place where He gently encouraged, strengthened and helped us release past hurts. That scar can be something He can show others, not about how good you are, but how wonderful He is. Then, when He has restored you, the positive power of God can be seen coming from Him and not us. Got any scars you can show the world today? Share God’s victory in your life with someone today.



Thought for the week: Health food makes me sick. -- Calvin Trillin



Funny for the week: The Dog Ate My Alarm Clock
According to
http://www.facebook.com/l/a57d7;careerbuilder.com, a full 15 percent of workers admit to getting to the office late at least once a week. And here are some of their excuses:

I have transient amnesia and couldn’t remember my job.

I was indicted for securities fraud this morning.

Someone stole all my daffodils.

I had to go audition for American Idol.

I was trying to get my gun back from the police.



There was a rabbit traffic jam on Echo Drive………….Chaplain Barnes



Last week’s answer: Who found the Dead Sea scrolls? A shepherd boy.

This week’s question: Who cut off the ear of a high priest’s servant?



No comments: