Sunday, August 1, 2010

August 2, 2010

Rather than a verse and commentary today, I would like to share three prayers that have meant a lot to me from Tony Evans book, Free at Last.

When Tempted pray:

“Lord, I know that in Jesus Christ I am more than a conquer. I don’t feel like a conqueror, but I am presenting my body to You because I know You can give me the power I need to resist and be victorious. In Jesus Name, Amen” p. 47

Concerning walking by the spirit:

“Lord, I believe what You say about me, and in my mind I want to live for You and obey You. I am going to take a step of faith and turn away from what my flesh is telling me to do. I know I don’t have the ability to pull off what I have just determined to do in my mind. So, I am relying on the power of Your Holy Spirit to enable me to walk in the direction that You want me to go. In Jesus Name, Amen” p. 117

When feeling defeated:

“Lord, You said I am an overwhelming conqueror in Jesus’ name. I can do all things in Jesus’ name. I am victorious in Jesus’ name. So, I am going to believe You and engage my will to trust You in this circumstance. In Jesus Name. Amen.” p. 136

Thought for the week: A human being has a natural desire to have more of a good thing than he needs. -- Mark Twain, Following the Equator

Funny for the week: Where did our innocence go?

Working as a pediatric nurse, I had the difficult assignment of giving immunization shots to children. One day, I entered the examining room to give four-year-old Lizzie her needle. 'No, no, no!' she screamed. 'Lizzie,' scolded her mother, 'that's not polite behavior.' With that, the girl yelled even louder, 'No, thank you! No, thank you!

I’m with her…………… Chaplain Barnes

Last week’s answer: The title of what book in the Bible means the “preacher”? Ecclesiastes

This week’s question: Who asked the following question: “Where is he that is born King of the Jews?”

No comments: