Monday, August 1, 2011

August 1, 2011


“…and you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” John 8:32b

Listen closely with your eyes today because I am going to let you in on a really big secret. Many of you are living in slavery to past sins, present indebtedness, work and a host of demons that demand your time and strength. Want to be free from those kinds of enslaving monsters? Then listen closely because I have a secret that will start you on the road to freedom. Ready? Here it is. One of the greatest statements of freedom is the ability to say, “It’s not that important.” As long as you make everything into a life and death, sink or swim matter, you will be enslaved to the urgent. Pull aside. Reset the important things (i.e. what difference will it make 10 years from now?) and convince yourself that much of what you are majoring on is just “not that important.” Then ask the one who is Truth what the truth is about your priorities and you will find freedom to be all He wants you to be; and that my friend is true freedom.

Thought for the week: "The Holy Alphabet"
Although things are not perfect
Because of trial or pain
Continue in thanksgiving
Do not begin to blame
Even when the times are hard
Fierce winds are bound to blow
God is forever able
Hold on to what you know
Imagine life without His love
Joy would cease to be
Keep thanking Him for all the things
Love imparts to thee
Move out of "Camp Complaining"
No weapon that is known
On earth can yield the power
Praise can do alone
Quit looking at the future
Redeem the time at hand
Start every day with worship
To "thank" is a command
Until we see Him coming
Victorious in the sky
We'll run the race with gratitude
X alting God most high
Yes, there'll be good times and yes some will be bad, but...
Zion waits in glory...where none are ever sad!
Funny for the week: "Encouragement"
While visiting the Atlanta area, I walked through a lovely park with a wide path where people could jog, run their dogs or ride trail bikes. As I descended a hill, I saw a woman coming toward me, pushing a stroller with two toddlers in it.
"We're coming to a hill," the mother announced to her children, "so you'll have to help me -- are you ready?"
I wondered how the little ones could be of assistance, but as I passed by I heard them earnestly repeating their encouragement:
"I think I can, I think I can..."

And the little engine did…….Chaplain Barnes

Last week’s answer: Who was the first husband of Bathsheba? (Uriah 2 Sam. 7:4-17)
This week’s question: In what city was Paul killed?

No comments: