Sunday, June 20, 2010

June 21, 2010

“If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” I John 1:9

“Every third bottle is a winner.” That is what the sign said over the Sundrop display. This was my third bottle and I knew I had to win something. I unscrewed the lid and held my breath with anticipation as I read, “Please Try Again.” They lied! Later that day I withheld the truth in a situation, which is as bad as telling a lie, and the Lord convicted me that it was a sin. Later when I got back in the truck I confessed the sin and asked God to forgive me. Not feeling too good with myself and still struggling with guilt, I looked down and in the cup holder between the seats there was that bottle cap, turned up so I could read it and the words hit me, “Please Try Again.” I had a sense of peace as I knew at that moment God had forgiven me and instead of berating me, he was speaking through that bottle cap, “Don’t quit, try again.” That is the kind of God I serve. Forgiving, restoring, encouraging, and even throwing in a sense of humor. He forgives, forgets and takes us by the hand and leads us on. Could it be he is saying that to you today? “I forgive you my child. I love you, I cleanse you and I want you to walk with me. Come on now, let’s try again.”

Thought for the week: Jumping at the first opportunity seldom leads to a happy landing. Author unknown

Funny for the week: Too Many Cooks
A wife is scrambling eggs when her husband bursts into the kitchen.

"Careful," he cries. "Careful! You're cooking too many at once. Too many! Scramble them! Now! We need more butter. They're going to stick! Careful! Now scramble them again! Hurry up! Are you crazy? Don't forget to salt them. You know you always forget to salt them. Use the salt. Use the salt! The salt!"

The wife turns and asks, "What is wrong with you?"

Her husband calmly replies, "I wanted to show you what it feels like when I'm driving."

Dedicated to Pau-Pau…………Chaplain Barnes

Last week’s answer: How many of Jesus’ brothers became Christians? All four (Acts 1:14)

This week’s question: Complete the following sentence from Psalm 51:10: “Create in me a clean heart O God and renew…

No comments: