Tuesday, November 11, 2008

November 10, 2008

"Let me hear of your steadfast love in the morning, for in you I put my trust...For your name's sake, O Lord, preserve my life. In your righteousness bring me out of trouble." Psalm 143:8,11

Several months ago, (as I write this devotional) I heard this verse over WMIT Black Mountain. I got my Bible out and looked it up. What a challenge! The Lord rarely gives you His strength before you face a tough journey in life. He gives His strength and help when you need it. I am reminded of the story Corrie ten Boom tells. When she and her dad were going on a train ride, he would not give her ticket to her until she stepped on the train and needed to hand it to the conductor. It was there all along in his pocket, waiting until the exact moment she needed it. God is like that. Instead of stewing and being rattled and shaken, dreading the path you will have to walk, remember that God has a message for you. He has promised to give you the grace you need to go through whatever you are facing and he will give it to you at the exact moment you step out and take the first step on your journey. I was facing a real tough obstacle that week and God came through. He gave me peace and when the moment of testing came, He brought me through. God is Faithful!

 

Thought for the week: "Men who have pierced ears are better prepared for marriage - they've experienced pain and bought jewelry."

Funny for the week: "Ethical Question"

"Would it be ethical to dig up the remains of the USA founding fathers, create clones from the bone cells, and place them in a theme park called Clonial Williamsburg?"

Ok – Ok, here is another one to take the curb off that one……..

Judge: I know you, don't I?

Defendant: Uh, yes.

Judge: All right, tell me, how do I know you?

Defendant: Judge, do I have to tell you?

Judge: Of course, you might be obstructing justice not to tell me.

Defendant: Okay, I was your bookie.

Ouch………….. Chaplain Barnes

Last week’s answer: To what race did the woman who met Jesus at the well belong? Samaritans (John 4:6-7)

This week’s question: Name the only full brother of Joseph, ruler of Egypt.

No comments: