Sunday, November 23, 2008

November 24, 2008

"Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him..." Psalm 37:7

"Lord, I want patience and I want it right NOW!" Ever prayed that prayer? We have been called the "Microwave Generation." We are so busy and used to having everything from our food to our news delivered fast that we have lost the ability to wait. I preach to myself on this one. I am reminded that I got an ulcer waiting on our first child to be born. She refused to hurry up. As a teen we still had to wait on her. To this day she refuses to hurry up. However, the Lord knows that I can only grow if I have periods of waiting. Waiting strengthens my faith. If every prayer was answered instantly, I would never learn to trust. Waiting gives me time to fix the things in my life that enable me to receive the answer when He sends it. If I go ahead and try to "fix" the problem and fail as I always will, it assures me that when the answer does come that my Father did this, not me and He gets the credit. When we wait on God, in His time and in His way, He will do more in 10 minutes than we can do in a life time. When it comes to blessings, I would rather wait two years for two million dollars than wait two days for two dollars. Take it from one who hates to wait; Wait on the Lord, He will not let you down, ever! You will NEVER be disappointed when you wait on Him.

Thought for the week: Real Mothers know that a child’s growth is not measured by height or years or grade...It is marked by the progression of Mommy to Mama to Mom to Mother...

Funny for the week:

When the store manager returned from lunch, he noticed his clerk's hand was bandaged, but before he could ask about the bandage, the clerk said he had some very good news for him.

"Guess what, sir?" the clerk said. "I finally sold that terrible, ugly suit we've had so long!"

"Do you mean that repulsive pink-and-blue double-breasted thing?" the manager asked.

"That's the one!"

"That's great!" the manager cried, "I thought we'd never get rid of that monstrosity! That had to be the ugliest suit we've ever had! But tell me. Why is your hand bandaged?"

"Oh," the clerk replied, "after I sold the guy that suit, his seeing-eye guide dog bit me."

Remember those pastel polyester leisure suits?????? Chaplain Barnes

Last week’s answer: How many books of the Bible begin with the letter "E"? 6 (Ecclesiastes, Ephesians, Ester, Exodus, Ezekiel and Ezra)

This week’s question: Which is the only miracle of Jesus recorded in all four gospels?

No comments: